This website was developed to provide evidence-based information on breastfeeding while serving in the military.
- The Breastfeeding in Combat Boots WEBSITE consists of evidence-based informational articles, FAQ’s, Policies and Resources on breastfeeding in the military (US-centric, but gradually expanding to include international militaries).
- The Breastfeeding in Combat Boots BLOG consists of experiences, opinions and thoughts on the state of breastfeeding in the military, as well as the occasional how-to post.
- The Breastfeeding in Combat Boots FACEBOOK PAGE posts current articles and events relating to breastfeeding in the military, and where military mothers worldwide can come together to discuss breastfeeding while serving in the military (Active, Reserve, Guard).
- The Breastfeeding in Combat Book BOOK is where mothers serving in the military can find expanded, in-depth, evidence-based information about breastfeeding successfully while in the military.
- For more military-centric breastfeeding news and information, follow Breastfeeding in Combat Boots on TWITTER – @BFinCB
- Breastfeeding in the military is the main focus of Breastfeeding in Combat Boots – however many factors can affect the breastfeeding relationship so there are sometimes articles on other subjects.
- The information and suggestions here are not all or nothing – use what works for your family and leave the rest. The aim of BFinCB is to provide the information you need to make your own decisions about what is best for your child and your family in your situation.
- Resources (articles, studies, etc.) posted by Breastfeeding in Combat Boots relate to breastfeeding in the military specifically, but may also include information on pregnancy/birth/parenting. The posting of outside articles on the blog (or Facebook, Twitter, etc.) should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the position taken in the article unless specifically stated.
- Comments or content posted by users come from the persons posting the comments and do NOT reflect the views of Breastfeeding in Combat Boots. BFinCB is in no way responsible or liable for anything posted by users.
- Information is provided for educational purposes only. Unless otherwise stated, posted items are not written by health care professionals. If you are concerned about your health, or that of your child, consult with your health care provider regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.
- This is NOT an official Department of Defense website. The DoD is not affiliated with nor does it endorse any content on this website.
IF YOU HAVE BREASTFEEDING OR PUMPING QUESTIONS, please browse the articles in the main website and/or ask a question via email at email@example.com or post on the Facebook page. Keep in mind that online information is NOT a substitute for an in-person evaluation by a qualified, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or your health care provider.